Monday, February 22, 2010

The Death of an Airline

I was suppose to fly Lufthansa today; San Francisco to Frankfurt to Budapest.  I accidentally found out that Lufthansa was on strike.  I suppose they would have told me about that when  I got to the airport and found my flights had been canceled.  By that time, all of my alternative flights would have been sold out and I would have had to drive home and wait for another day.

United came to the rescue.  I called them once I heard rumor of the strike.  They verified my flights had been canceled and rebooked me on United.  I now have flight that get me there within 3 hours of my original itinerary.

Thanks to United for saving the day.

As for Lufthansa, thanks for nothing.

www.shift-work.com
www.jamesdillingham.com
www.hyperiongate.writing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment