Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Change in Perspective

I am sitting here watching MSNBC which is essentially the Anti-Fox News channel.  Where Fox is off the chart to the right, these guys are just as far off on the other side.

So I will leave them to it.  Instead, I want to write about the things I like.

I like chocolate ice cream that has been left untouched, in the bowl until it is like a lumpy milk shake.

I like writing a short story that makes me laugh or cry and then wondering, "How did that happen?"

I like going to the airport and finding that United has given me a free upgrade.

I like being a husband and a dad.

I like my dog and he likes me.

I like driving my jeep with the lift and big tires and the top and doors taken off with "Born to Run" blasting on the radio.

I like a hot bath while reading Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Book of Quotes.

I like to play golf, not for the sport but for the company I keep when I play.

I like to hang out with my friends at the coffee shop.

I like to go for long walks with my wife or dog in the hills here in Marin county.

I like diversity in plants, politics, stories, cultures and people.

I like my job, mostly because of the people I meet.

I like staying in touch with friends from the past and telling them they are important to me.

I like to read the morning funnies.

I like that there are better people in the world than me.  It gives me hope.

I like that I can control very little in my life.  But, I can control my perspective and that is all that really matters.

I like big, sloppy sandwiches that should be eaten over a bowl.

I like coaching wrestling, especially while my son is on the team.

I like doing things differently from the norm.

I like double cheeseburgers at Rocket Robbies.

I like being healthy but feel that I don't take enough time to really appreciate it.

I like Family Guy, 30 Rock and The Big Lebowski.

I like email and the internet in general.

I like the idea that I am a spiritual being having a human experience, not the other way around.

I like Obama as a person and leader although I don't always agree.  I am glad he is in charge.

I like watching babies laugh on youtube.

I like the holiday season.

I like the anticipation of Christmas more than the day itself.

I like to snowboard.

I like to sit and talk with my mom about life.

I like to blog even if I am the only one listening.

If you read this, then I like you.  Please feel free to add your likes to the comments section.

Jim

13 comments:

  1. Well I stopped by to read it at least LOL

    Dave Dillingham Wiltshire - Peterborough, England

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,

    Thanks for dropping by.

    I like hearing from people that read my blog.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like cottage cheese and peaches.
    I like the smell of fresh cut grass.
    I like an intelligent debate at the dinner table.
    I like chocolate
    I like people who are kind
    I like respect - to give and receive
    I like the milky way on a dark night
    I like the feel of clean new sheets
    I like to see sunrises
    I like elderly couples that love each other.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce,

    Those are great!

    I need to add one.

    I like cottage cheese with Safeway brand medium salsa.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. And of course, scoring a cool name brand item at a deep discount! Always puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like planting things and watching them grow.
    I like spiders!
    I like writing or drawing something and having it turn out really good by accident.

    Carla (Arakun from WDC)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carla,

    Thanks for dropping by. Any time I write something good, I always feel like I had nothing to do with it.

    Jim (Hyperiongate from WDC)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to rediscover old songs I love and had forgotten about.

    I like serendipity moments.

    I like dark chocolate with raspberry filling.

    I like to have a deep, meaningful conversation with a dear friend.

    I like writing, and everything else involved with writing: reviewing, networking, researching, reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie,

    I like seeing what everyone else likes. I am going to set up a website to see if I can collect these.

    Thanks for checking in.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like reading your blogs. I like my dogs and the smell of freshly mowed alfalfa. I like lots of other things too numerous to mention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim,

    I had forgotten that alfalfa smell.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    See you in a couple weeks.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like learning that old friends are happy and doing cool stuff

    I like my kitty

    I like to mix music for my classes and have people appreciate it

    I like being healthy and strong

    I like Trader Joes Olive Oil Popcorn

    I like to be silly sometimes

    I like to have friends who like to be silly sometimes

    I like to walk early in the morning

    I like to witness an insignificant event that touches my heart

    I like honesty

    I like real connections with people

    I like nature

    I like to run down my hill

    I like to lend a hand to a friend in need, or let them know how much they mean to me

    I like little kids and babies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sally,

    And remember, I like staying in touch with old friends and letting them know they are important to me.

    j

    ReplyDelete