Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I can't help myself

There are basically three main topics I write about in this blog: Food, Technology and Politics.  I depart from these frequently but when my mind is blank, I can always to to these topics to find something to write about.

Today's topic is politics; specifically, the Republican Party at its best.

Here are three clips from Youtube.com that were posted in the last few days. 

First we have Sarah Palin.  Now, when she was first made the candidate for VP, I was a big fan.  It was about time we finally recognized the true potential of the VP - eye candy.  However, over time, I began to think that maybe she should have more qualifications than ambidextrous winking and a bunch of "boy howdy" slang for the plain folk out there.  After the election, McCain's people came clean and admitted that she didn't know squat about anything and was unteachable.

So, here is her latest video.  Remember, saying things like "I want to protect the constitution," as a reason to agree with her implies that this is not a trait that her opponent has.  Of course this is not true.  Anyway, here is the link to Sarah:

Worst Governor Ever

Next is Ben Quayle.  He is running for office in Arizona.  He is Dan Quayle's son.  This guy is already in hot water for an ad where he implies the children in the spot are his when in fact they are "rental" kids.  In this spot, he lists everything that is wrong in the world and blames it on Obama as if saying so makes it true.  Drugs in Mexico, Obama did that...according to him.  The funny part about this spot is he looks like a 12 year old geek trying to be tough.  I'm a pretty peaceful guy but this guy makes me was to push him down in the mud.  He comes across as a bag full of "can't spell potato".  The ad, in keeping with Republican policy, says nothing about how he would get anything done.
Here is his link:
Macho, Macho Man - I got to be a Macho

Finally we have the House Minority Leader, John Boehner.  He is on Meet the Press and apparently has a secret Republican plan to cut over a trillion dollars in spending.  He would tell us now but he says he is still busy listening to what the American people want.  John says he want to create jobs; once again, because he wants it, the implication is that Obama is against it.
 In this clip Greenspan says directly that Boehner is wrong.  Boehner then spends the rest of the clip deflecting questions that try to get him to say why his idea is good and Greenspan's is bad.  Boehner's idea here is that if wealthy Americans get a tax cut, they will spend it to make jobs for the rest of us. Doesn't work.  I have a guy that works for me.  If you save me $5,000 a year in taxes, do you think i am going to hire another employee?  No Way!  I will hire another employee when I need one.  That extra cash is for spending (which creates jobs) and saving (which does nothing).  The poorer you are, the lower your "marginal propensity to save" is.  What this means is that if you are poor and you make an extra dollar, you spend it all.  On the other hand, if you are rich, your "marginal propensity to save" is very high.  If you make an extra dollar, you save it.  After all, you are already rich enough so that if you want something you buy it.  So, Boehner wants to put the extra cash in the hands of the people least likely to spend it and thus, the least likely to create jobs.
 Anyway, here is his "fidgeting" clip:

Bu-da, bu-da, fuba fuba
 My final word on this subject.  I know that I currently have a low opinion of the Republican Party.  I realize that this is probably causing me to see only bad in them and good in the other party.  So, please post your opposing view.  My blog is set to accepts all comments.  I will only delete those in poor taste.  If you post something that is simply in disagreement with me here, I will leave it there for all to see in the interest of fairness.
Back to saving the world.

Up, up and away...

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment