Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rapture

The world ends at 3 pm today, PST and I find myself underwhelmed.

The end has been predicted 100 times in the last century. This current prediction is by a guy that predicted the same thing back in the 90's.  Apparently his calculations were off.

He's traded in his slide rule for an Excel spreadsheet.  He says he's got it right now.

This time for sure.

Now, I've been wondering, if this is The End, what will happen.  I think people are suppose to be taken up to heaven.  Unless of course, you've made Santa's "Bad" list.  In that case, you will be left behind to resume your daily drudgery.

Here is something that I think would be cool.  God takes people in waves, starting with the very best - those that were fortunate enough to "get it."  They would just float up into heaven for all of us to see.

Who do you think would go first?

The Pope?  The president?  A movie star?

My guess is the children would go first.  After that, it would be anyone's guess.  Maybe taxi drivers or maybe the mentally handicapped.

My guess is that those we hold in the highest esteem would not be in the first few waves.  Politician and the obscenely wealthy might have to take a seat and wait for a while.

It's a weekend and I try not to blog on the weekend if possible.  I just didn't want to miss a chance to say Good-Bye.  You know, just in case.

Up, up and away...

jim

No comments:

Post a Comment